We’re looking for a Research Manager
Reporting to: Head of Research and Operations
About The Wisdom Council
The Wisdom Council are consumer insight and engagement specialists focusing on long term savings and investments. We work with some of biggest names in investment/wealth management to bring their customers into the heart of their business to inform business strategy, new proposition
development and to enhance the customer experience.
We believe that everyone should be able to achieve a secure financial future and this can only be achieved by bringing together consumers and the industry to engage more people more effectively with their finances.
We are a small and dynamic company, recognised for our independence of thought, passion for the consumer and innovation. Sustainability sits at the heart of what we do.
We have a small core team of research and industry specialists working with a much larger virtual team covering behavioural scientists, innovation experts, data analysts, community managers, writers and senior industry professionals. We utilise a full spectrum of online and offline research tools and techniques such as focus groups, online labs, innovation workshops, qualitative discussions and quantitative surveys.
We are looking to recruit a Research Manager to support our growing business.
Core responsibilities involve running Research Projects end to end for our clients. This will involve:
- Taking briefs and writing proposals
- Running day-to-day project management
- Co-ordinating a virtual team, briefing researchers, both qual and quant
- Managing projects to budget and timescales
- Writing draft reports for senior input
- Managing multiple projects effectively
Client facing activity:
- Regular update calls with key client contacts, building relationships
- Presenting and/or co-presenting feedback to clients
- Establishing an understanding of the client’s strategic goals and how we can support those through a client insight programme
- Identifying opportunities and starting to attract/retain business
- Draft discussion/topic guides
- Where appropriate, undertake qualitative research to include individual qualitative depth interviews, facilitation of groups ideally to include online groups
- Analysis and reporting
Skills needed to fulfil the role:
- Research experience including qualitative with some quantitative experience beneficial
- Some interest in, if not knowledge of the finance and investment sector
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with all stakeholder including clients, research participants, virtual team and suppliers
- Good project management skills, ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Well organised with a good ability to prioritise and re-assess workload in order to meet changing demands
- Self-motivated, ability to work under your own initiative
- Proven team player – need to be able to be relied upon to deliver on time
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written, excellent written and oral communication
- Confident and rounded individual with strong inter-personal skills
- Natural interest in market research and an intellectual curiosity
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- A commercial awareness
- Able to respond positively and be adaptable to change
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- Must be professional and courteous at all times
To apply, please send a copy of your CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the button below!